17 December 2008

The Power of Words

This video was posted on a friend's blog the other day (week?). In my opinion, it is incredibly well done. As I watched it I was reminded of all those Proverbs that talk about words and the power they hold. First, I thought of Proverbs 15:1 which says, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." While I love that verse, I wasn't sure if it really fit what I felt the message of this video was, so I looked around the book a little more and found Proverbs 16:24. "Pleasant words area a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." That is it. That is the point, again, as I see it, to this video. As you watch it, I challenge you to think about Proverbs 16:24. Think about Proverbs 15:1 as well, if you're so inclined. Think about the people in your life and your words towards them. Think beyond your family or the people you see/work with/live with every day to those you only happen on once - the gas station attendant, the sales clerk at the mall, the telemarketer who calls and interrupts dinner. Think about how you use your words.

**this video is a good 15 or 16 minutes long, just so you know, but it is worth watching**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this video. As you know, I am no stranger to it. :-) Good application, though. I like the tie-in. :-)

xo
Lin

Sara said...

I love TJ Thyne! Thanks for sharing.