22 January 2008

What's Happening?

It's been awhile. Basically, that's because there hasn't been too much going on over here in "Walterland". Well, nothing overly exciting anyways. Deacon started popping up on his knees and sliding backwards on Sunday. That's fun. That also means that he is WAY more mobile than he was when he was just rolling back and forth, and I can no longer "just leave him for a moment". He's also doing a good job of sitting up on his own. He can't get up on his own, but he can keep himself up once put into the sitting position. At least for a little bit anyways. He's also thoroughly enjoying the vegetable we've been feeding over the past few weeks. I think we're going to have quite the eater with this one. I know I've said that before, but this guy actually ate the carrots. Zeke liked to eat, but he would refuse to eat the carrots. Deacon, you could tell, doesn't enjoy them either, but he still eats them.

Zeke has picked up a new habit. When asked to do something, or told something, every now and again he looks up and says, "Huh?" I think we can thank Daddy for this one. The best was the other day when I asked him something and he said, "Huh?" I didn't answer right away because I usually don't need to, he usually actually hears me and then does whatever I asked or answers me in "Zeke speak". Well, apparently he didn't actually hear me this time because when I didn't repeat myself right away he said, "HUH?!?" As in, "I asked you a question, Mom. Hello-o!" Yeah. He's also got a little routine he does when he "talks on the phone" (phone being an actual phone, a play phone, a remote control, a hairbrush, etc). He puts the phone to his head and says "Hello? Yeah!" and then he just babbles on. It's pretty funny.
They're both pretty funny. And sweet. God has truly blessed us with two wonderful boys.

No comments: